“Hike Huchuy Qosqo 2 days”
Huchuy qosqo 2d/1n is a best option instead the clasic 1-2 days. A great tour from Urubamba (sacred valley of the incas), or from Cusco ,visit maras salt mines, moray farming center , Chinchero nice town and then Humasbamba village. from humasbamba village, (chinchero), Ichucancha, village, Queullacocha, Koricocha, 02 lakes near the another inka trail made by the incas, Pucamarca village, leon punku small canyon where we will falow the vestiges of an incan trail lead to the archaeological site of Huchuy qosqo. In side of the canyonwe will also see the fundation of incan bridge and then Huchuy qosqo.
This is for you: We have a great two day program option ending at Urubamba or cusco city in the end of the second day afternoon Huchuy qosqo you need to enjoy the great and very nice inca city of huchuy qosqo, the hike on the second day is 5-6 hours, and another 2 hours to apreciate Huchuy qosqo, and then we will leave to go to the Lamay town, down mountain, aprox 1h :30 and then Urubamba or Cusco.
The tour on the first day. the trekking in the second day, this area takes you in to the remote and rarely but nice visited in diferent pleases with the espectacular back drop of the urubamba range or the sacred valley of the incas, with the sacred mountains of the incas, these mountains has several capped peaks the best know of these mountains wich is (huakayhuillky, alancoma pumahuanca, chicon, pitusiray peaks) sacred mountains of the incas in entirety is seen at its best from the road between cusco and Urubamba in the road by Chinchero.
The trek is rated moderate, however one pass over 4350 m.a.s.l so is very essential that you are well acclimatized to the altitude. wellcome to the Huchuy qosqo trek though the sacred valley a stunning trip designet to avoid the locals and immersing yourself ancient surrounding. Chinchero to Huchuy qosqo – Lamay.
Day one: Huchuy Qosqo Sacred Valley
Cusco (3300 m.s.n.m) or Urubamba (2900 m.a.s.l) – Maras salt mines, maras town, Moray archaeological site, Chinchero very nice inca city, humasbamba village (3700 m.a .s.l) trip by car mini van we will leave by bus from Urubamba (sacred valley of the incas).
Lunch will be near the huaypo lake. 1 hour aprox and our dinner will be at humasbamba village. our campsite (chinchero, humasbamba village).
From Humasbamba village (3720-4340 m.a.s.l), Huchuy qosqo – Lamay. Early morning wake up, breakfast, and will start our hike, we will go up. To the first and second pass, this is going 2 hrs-30 min up, 2hrs-30 min down. 5-6 hours aprox. With of course midday lunch, break, we will have two hours approx to apreciate huchuy qosqo. And then will go down to lamay town by 1 hr 30 min. and then will go to Urubamba or cusco, to the hotel.
- To confirm your trip, pay 80% by Western Union. Pay the other 20 % in your arrival to Cusco in our office before or after finish the tour, payment can be made in cash us $ or s/ local currency (peruvian money) thanks.
What is included?:
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning.
- Transportation by special mini van or bus to salt mines, Maras, Moray, Chinchero Humasbamba the first day.
- English speaking professional tour guide.
- Tens person in each 4 – person capacity tent with plenty of space for your backpacks.
- Foam matters.
- Hot water second day morning for washing purposes first day nigh too.
- Accommodation: one nigh camping around piuray lake.
- Cook and cooking equipament.
- Meals (1b-2l-1d) food included pancakes, soup fresh fruit, pasta, chicken, fish rice, all mealls rich in carbohydrates, hot drinks, including tea time, coca, muña leaf tea exellent for altitude.
- Tea time the first day and the second day in the morning (tea coffi, biscuits, popcorn).
- Porters day second (optional).
What is not included?:
- Break fast on the first morning you need to drink in the hotel.
- Entrance ticket to salt mines, moray, chinchero, huchuy qosqo.
- Tip for the guide and porters.
- Personal equipament.
What you need to dring/carry:
- Sleeping bag for temperatures down to 5c (can be hired from our office for us$. 10).
- Sleeping matters (we will provide you with this).
- Rain jaket in summer.
- Strong comfortable foot wear.
- One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry money changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters, see options below.
- Sweather and jacket (some thing warm).
- Water bottel water will be providing.
- Flashlight and battery. Hat to protect your from the sun.
- Sun block.
- Toiletries towel and toilet paper.selection of small snakes, chocolate, biscuits, energy bar etc.
- Walking poles stikcs.
- Personal porter to carry something has extra cost us$ 80. Vegetarian meal, we can provide vegetarian meals or carter for especial diets with no extra cost, just let us know at least to days prior to trek departure.
- All trek reservations must be made at least four days advance (however 15 days , one month in advance is recommended especially during the months of june – july – august).
- Luggage storage: when you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage in the hotel, in cusco or sacred valley all the hotels provide a secure luggage deposit. put any valuables in their safe.
Welcome to the Huchuy qosqo hike.