“Lares Trek Machu picchu – Sacred Valley 4D/3N”
Lares trek machu picchu start with a gread hike from lares to Huacahuasi – Tambohuylla, Icsaycocha, Patacancha, Huilloc, Pumamarca, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes town and final day includeds a full day tour at Machu picchu archaeological site.
This is for you: we have a great 4 days program option ending at Machu picchu, having on the last day a full day time between 7 a.m till 2 pm completely enjoy the gread inka city Machu picchu.
Lares trek in this area takes you in to the remote and rarely visited. Lares valley with the spectacular backdrop of the urubamba mountains. the Urubamba range is to east of the sacred valley of the incas. is stretchs for 30 km, and has several capped peaks.
Lares trek Machu Picchu – Lares Valley Private Service 4 days.
Departures are available throughout the year. however due to weather conditions the recommended period for this trek is between March-December.
We can offer a us$ 15 discount to students with a valid international student identy card isic and children under the age 12 years old.
- Please note that this is aprivate group trek deposit of us$ 80% obviously ,we do not add other people to your trek, unfortunately it is not possible to join another group.
- To suit group requirements March – December minimun 02 passenegers at the time of departure (actually we are ok if you are 02 people) we can leave any day which is fine for your plans.
We will require a nom refundable trek deposit of us$ 80 % per person ,the other 20% payable within 03 days in the hotel where you will stay, or in our officeconfirming your trek booking. on line western union money transfer and mail order sistem these are our fasted and most secure form of payments in Peru. Firther details of how to send the deposit are included with our trek booking confirmation email the remaining.
Balance is to be paid in our office et least two days prior to your trek departure. Date payment can be made in cash us$, local currency s/ (peruavian money).
- In both options 1, 2, private service and shared service.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning.
- Transportation by bus to the start of the trail (Lares).
- English speaking Professional Guide.
- Igloo tens -2 person in each 4 person capacity tent with plenty of space for your backpacks.
- Foam mattress.
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes (while hiking).
- Accommodations: two nights canping one night nice hotel.
- Cook and cooking equipament
Meals (3b,3l,3d) food includes pancakes, omeletts, soups, fresh fruit avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, riceall rich in carbohydrates and suit – table for trekking, hot drinks including coca, muña, leaf tea which is exellent for altitude.
- We supply boilet water to fill in your water bottle all the time if requested. with enough time ahead (while hiking).
- Horses days 1-2 (for equipament and personal items). Including horse man.
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs, kitchen tent.
- Accomodation for our crew.
- First aid kit including emergency oxigen bottle
- Bus for Machupicchu round trip, Aguas Calientes town – Machupicchu – Machupicchu– Aguas Calientes town.
- Machu picchu entrance tickets.
- Train ticket (Expedition or Vistadome service from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel.
What is not included?
- Break fast on the first morning.
- Meal in restaurant at Aguas Calientes on day 4 of the program.
- Entrance to the thermal springs at aguas calientes $ 4 or s/ 10.
- Sleeping bags (four season) can be hired in our office for us$ 12 for three day trek.
- Tips for the guide, cook and porters.
- Personal equipament.
- Back pack.
What you need to bring / carry
- Back pack.
- Sleeping bag 4 season suitable for temperatures down to – 5c (can be hired from aour office for us$ 12 for three day trek)
- Sleeping mattress (we will provide you with this).
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars.
- Strong confortable footwear.
- One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry money changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters see option below.
- Sweater and jacket (something warm).
- Torch / flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protec you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Insect repellent.
- Toiletries towel and toilet paper.
- Selection of small snacks (clif bar for sutained energy) chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits some other energy bars etc.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes town or lares.
- Optional walking poles / sticks (rubber covers necessary).
- You also need to bring your original pasport on the trail.
- Personal horse for riding while on the trek with and extra cost of us$ 70 you can have a personal horse to ride any time you may need.
- Single room at Aguas Calientes town (evening on day three) the accommodation at Aguas Calientes on the 3th night is based on dauble or triple occupancy (dwb-twb) ifa client would like to have a single room. Need to add us$80 to the base price of the tour you must decide if you want to have a single room in advance and let us know when making your trek reservation since we need to purchase the hotel booking in advance as well. You cannot decide it at later date or once you arrive in Cusco.
- An extra night in Aguas Calientes can easily be arraged for you if required, hotels cost and cost asociated with retiming to Machu picchu The fallowing day are additional to trek cost. It is best to make your hotel reservation directly.
- Vegetarian meals. We can provide vegetarian meals or carter for especial diet with no extra cost. Just let us know at least 2 days prior to trek departure.
- Sleeping bag hire. If you haven’t got a sleeping bag or you don’t want the hassle of bringing one all the to Peru with you then we have sleeping bags in our office for rent. Price is us$ 12 dollars.
All trek reservation must be made at least 4 days in advance (however 25-30 days in advance is recommended specially during the months of june, july, and august.
- Luggage storage: when you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that are not going to need behind in cusco or sacred valley. Nearly all the hotels in cusco and the sacred valley of the incas provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe too.
- Time of arrival in cusco:
Unless you plan to stay an extra night at aguas calientes you will return to your hotel in cusco for aproximately 9 pm on the 4th day of the trek.
For a detailed deescription of our 4 day trekking itinerary see below.
Cusco or Urubamba –Calca Lares village (3100m.a.s.l) hot springs. We will leave from Cusco or the sacred valley of the incas by early morning an then we will travel by bus or mini van to Calca. There we will go up to Lares Valley. Once we get town you will have the chance to enjoy the great hot springs and have a good break time near the hot springs.
Lunch and dinner is there our campsite is near the Lares hot springs
From lares to Huacahuasi – Icsaycocha lake (4000m.a.s.l) early wake up breakfast and start the hike, this second day is goin to be largest day (6-7 hours hike aprox). With of course a midday lunch break. From lares to Huacahuasi is 2-3 hours hike aprox. We will stop at Huacahuasi village to visit school, there is nice chance to meet the locals people campesinos or farmers and share some time together getting weaving exhibitions and lesson about its anciend techniques. This is a beautiful day with stuning views and great land scapes and then experience to visit along the path several andean villages and have a chat with the local people and we have chance to see the llamas and alpaca farms, then after lunch we will go to Icsaycocha lake up is another 3hours hike aprox for our campsite is there near the lake.
From icsaycocha lake – Patacancha – Huilloc – Pumamarca – Ollantaytambo. (4000m.a.s.l) and then Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes town by train (2040m.a.s.l) after a delicious breakfast we will start our easy hike down hill for about 5h :30 min aprox hiking to Patacancha another nice village, people life still in simple houses and people are very nice and then we will go to Huilloc another nice village, and then Ollantaytambo two hours tour at Ollantaytambo and then train station to get Aguas Calientes town. (1h.40 min travel aprox) over night in a hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Day Four: Machu Picchu
Machu picchu(2040m.a.s.l) Cusco (3360m.a.s.l) early wake up by 05:30am breakfast and after to leafe our luggage at the hotel we will take the early tourist bus up to Machu picchu of course with a guide english speaking usually we use to get Machupicchu by 6:50 am so from this time we will be able to visit Machu picchu.
A guide tour of about 4 hours and then you will be happy time to explore by yourself the whole site for about 3 hours and there is time as well to climb Inca bridge,or Sun Gatetrail (optional).
Then we suggest that after visiting Machupicchu that you take the bus down to aguas calientes one our before our train depart buses depart every 15 minuts. Check with the guide for actual times lunch can be taken at Aguas Calientes town before to take the tourist train back to Cusco. Optional stay 01 extra night in Aguas Calientes. Cost of hotel.
Welcome to the best hike